World’s Fastest Bartender Sheldon Wiley Mixologist at Riff Raffs @ The Hurricane Club, NYC Shows Us How to Make a B.L.T.
- 1.5 oz. Bacon Fat-Washed Bourbon
- 3 oz. Tomato Juice
- Squeeze of Lemon juice
- Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Pinch of Celery Salt
- Pinch ground Horseradish
- Iceberg Lettuce Foam
For Bacon Fat-Washed Bourbon:
- 1 lb. package of Bacon strips
- 2 or 3 Cups Bourbon
Cook bacon. Reserve rendered fat. Combine the melted fat (still warm and liquid-y) with the bourbon. Stir until well incorporated. Transfer mixture to the freezer for several hours or until the fat has settled on the top and hardened. Once frozen, break the hardened off and double strain the bourbon into a separate container.
For Lettuce Foam:
- 1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
- 1 Egg White
- 1 head of Iceberg Lettuce
- CO2 Foamer
- Chop up iceberg lettuce into big chucks. Add 1/2 cup of water and muddle until broken down. Strain and reserve liquid.
- Combine Lecithin, egg white, iceberg lettuce water.
- Transfer to the tube of a CO2 hand-held foaming device.
Combine fat-washed bourbon, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt, and horseradish. Shake and strain into a chilled beer glass. Garnish with the iceberg lettuce foam.
- Dunk a Romaine lettuce leaf into the drink, leaving enough to poke out the top of the drink.
- Skewer bacon around a cherry tomato and a black olive.