Recipe by Spencer Warren
1. Eligibility: To enter the “VEEV – A Better Way to Drink Cocktail Competition” (the “Contest”), the entrant (“You” and “Your”) must be a legal resident of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia and be 21 years of age or older on the date of entry. You must also be a professional bartender who works for a restaurant, bar, or other foodservice establishment. In existence at the time of the Contest, You must not have a contract with another company to act as an ambassador, spokesperson, and/or consultant for that company and/or its brands. Entrants with a criminal record are subject to be deemed ineligible and their entry may be disqualified. VEEV (“VEEV”) reserves the right to determine Your eligibility based on these criteria. Employees, officers, and directors of VEEV, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, including Chilled Magazine and Free Agent Media, and anyone involved in the production or administration of the Contest, and any member of the immediate family or household of any such persons, are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. The Contest is void in jurisdictions outside of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia, and where prohibited or restricted. By participating, You fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules and the decisions of VEEV, which are final.
2. How to Enter: Entry begins at 12:00 am Eastern Standard Time on March 15, 2015 and ends at 11:59 pm June 7, 2015 Eastern Standard Time (the “Contest Period”). During the Contest Period, visit the Contest page at http://chilled.com/veev (the “Contest Page”), follow the instructions, and complete all the information fields on the Contest Page (including Your name, contact information, title and place of employment, and consent to these Official Rules), and submit the completed entry form and Your recipe (“Recipe”) inspiration including all measured ingredients, and original image of recipe. Your entry must be based on Your own ideas, recipe, work, and experience. VEEV reserves the right to verify all facts. Failure to be able to validate the authenticity of the Recipe or recipe image and Your information may result in disqualification. You may submit only one Recipe and recipe image during the Contest Period. Winning and non-winning Recipes, as selected by VEEV, will be displayed on the Contest Page. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries must be received by the end of the Contest Period. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt. VEEV computer is the official timekeeping device for the Contest. Entries must not transmit anything that contains viruses or anything else that is harmful to any computer. No responsibility is assumed for late or misdirected entries, or any failure or unavailability of hardware, software, electronic communications, or Internet uploading or other connections. VEEV is not responsible for any changes or effects caused to Your computer system or video equipment as a result of submitting an entry.
3. Entry Content Guidelines: Your submission (including the Recipe and any other materials and information You submit) (the “Entry Materials”) must comply with the following guidelines:
3.1 Each recipe must have a creative name and the ingredients in the recipe must be provided in exact standard U.S. measurements and scaled for a single serving. The recipe should include complete step-by-step preparation instructions and any other pertinent information. The Recipe must be an original work that was created by You and cannot have previously won a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion. Previously published recipes will be disqualified, unless the recipe entered features changes considered substantial by the judges. Recipe images must be original images of Your recipe.
3.2 If the Recipe features or includes any reference to the Establishment, including its image, name, logo, trademark, or any other proprietary classification, You represent and warrant that You have permission from the Establishment for such use.
3.3 The Entry Materials must be created by You, and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity.
3.4 Entries that are lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, not in keeping with VEEV’s image, or entries that otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material as determined by VEEV in its sole discretion, will be disqualified.
4. Usage Rights in Entries: VEEV and its designees shall have the unrestricted and non-exclusive right to edit, adapt, publish, copy, display, perform, broadcast, modify, and otherwise use any or all Entry Materials, alone or in combination with other materials, in any and all media, whether now known or later discovered, in perpetuity, without restriction of any kind whatsoever, without compensation to You or anyone else. Without limiting the foregoing, any and all entries may be posted on the Contest Page or the web pages of Chilled Magazine, VEEV, and Willy Shine for public viewing. VEEV reserves the right to review any entry prior to any such posting, to remove any entry at any time after posting, and to remove any incidental material that could be deemed infringing as determined by VEEV. No guarantee is made that any particular entry will or will not be posted or as to the length of time between submission and posting. VEEV reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to determine if any particular entry is appropriate for posting. All entries that are uploaded and made available for viewing by the general public will be deemed posted at the direction of the You within the meaning of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the Communications Decency Act. Entry constitutes permission for VEEV and it designees to use Your name, biographical information, moving or still image/likeness, and/or voice in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity, for internal, advertising, Contest and other purposes without compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
5. Contact: By entering the Contest, You agree that VEEV and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates may contact You by postal mail or electronic mail for promotional purposes. If You wish to be removed from such mailings, please contact VEEV at the address listed in Section 12 below or by following the instructions in any promotional email that You receive. Selection and Requirements of Potential Winner: A potential winner of the prize specified in Section 6 below will be selected from the overall pool of entrants. Judging will be administered by VEEV’s panel of judges, including Willy Shine, who will select one (1) grand prize winner by applying the following criteria: (i) 20% creativity and inspiration, (ii) 10% integrity of ingredients, (iii) 20% execution and technique, (iv) 40% taste, and (v) 10% name of drink. All eligible entries must contain VEEV as the base ingredient in the recipe. Recipe entries that do not contain VEEV are disqualified. All ingredients used should be obtainable without undue difficulty or expense anywhere in the United States, and should be expectedly available or easily acquired. The first five-hundred (500) entrants to fully complete their registration with cocktail recipe and image will receive a special edition VEEV flask. Four (4) Finalists will be selected after the close of the contest period. Finalists will be announced on or around June 12, 2015 and will each receive a $500.00 reward as well as a twelve24 thread count Roll Up Apron. The four (4) Finalists are required to submit a short video telling us how they are creating a “better way to drink.” In the video, each Finalist must explain why he or she deserves to win a mentorship with Willy Shine and how he or she is working on becoming a better bartender. Videos must be received to VEEV@chilledmagazine.com no later than June 19, 2015 at 11:59 pm EST. The four (4) Finalists will be featured on the Contest website homepage and will promote their entry through the Contest website and social media channels through June 19. The Finalist with the most shares will be rewarded an additional $250. On or about June 26, 2015, VEEV’s panel of judges including Willy Shine will select one (1) Winner from the four (4) semi-finalists. The potential Winner will be required to complete and return a declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) days of notification. The potential Winner also will need to provide copies of a valid driver’s license or state issued identification card. The potential Winner will forfeit the prize, and an alternate potential winner will be selected in his/her place if the potential Winner fails to complete and return the declaration/release, with the required copies of his/her driver’s license or state issued identification card, within the specified time period. VEEV reserves the right to disqualify any contestant who does not meet the eligibility requirements and to re-award the prize to an eligible contestant. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries.
6.1 One (1) A Better Way to Drink Cocktail Competition Winner will be selected to receive a grand prize trip to Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans in July, subject to limitations contained herein, will also be featured on the microsite http://chilledmagazine.com/VEEV and www.willyshine.com. The value of the prize is $3,000 USD and will include airfare for two (2), three (3) nights hotel double occupancy, meals, and transfers.
6.2 Chilled Magazine is published by a third party that has agreed to include each contest entrant on its microsite. VEEV does not guarantee, warrant, or support the Chilled Magazine’s products, services, or operations. VEEV disclaims all liability for the Chilled Magazine’s failure to properly maintain its microsite, properly feature the A Better Way to Drink Cocktail Competition on its microsite, published issues of Chilled Magazine, or properly feature the A Better Way to Drink Cocktail Competition entrants and winner in such issue.
7. Winner Liability for Taxes: Winner will be responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes, and other costs, associated with the receipt and use of the prize, and before being named a winner will have to supply a valid social security number for tax reporting purposes. Winner should consult with an accountant, as the tax liability may be substantial. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, VEEV may, in its sole discretion, suspend, modify, and/or cancel the Contest. VEEV reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to have tampered with the entry process or to have acted in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. VEEV’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event that a Recipe submission Your sole remedy shall be another Recipes entry into the Contest. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be stricken and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
8. Sponsor and Others Released from All Liability: Except as prohibited by law, by participating, You agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless VEEV, the parent, subsidiaries and affiliates of VEEV, any advertising or promotion company involved in the Contest, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, managers, members, and agents, from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or the receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) late, lost, misdirected, delayed, inaccurate, illegible, garbled, stolen or incomplete entries, or entries not received for any reason, or for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect delay in operations, or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; (c) technical, network, telephonic, electronic, hardware, or software errors or malfunctions of any kind; (d) inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by VEEV on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; (e) any other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest; or (f) any loss, injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Contest or the receipt or use of the prize. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including but not limited to punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
9. Disputes: You agree that any dispute arising out of the Contest shall be resolved in the state or federal courts of California. The laws of the State of California, without regard to any conflict of law rules, shall apply. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, BY PARTICIPATING, YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE CONTEST, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEY’S FEES; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
11. Severability: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
12. Identification of Contest Winners: The name of the semi-finalists, finalists and winners will be posted on the Contest Page. If You would like to receive a list of these individuals by postage mail, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to VEEV Spirits, LLC, 215 S. La Cienega Blvd., Suite 200, Beverly Hills, CA, 90211.
13. Promotion void where and to the extent prohibited by law.
14. Sponsor: VEEV Spirits, LLC, 215 S. La Cienega Blvd., Suite 200, Beverly Hills, CA, 90211.
Questions: If You have any questions, please contact VEEV using the contact information provided HERE.
VEEV, now 70 Proof, is a handcrafted premium spirit, that is infused with just the right amount of Acai and other natural flavors like prickly pear and acerola cherry which makes it a better alternative to vodka. Crafted at our award winning distillery that is powered by renewable wind energy, VEEV is distilled in small batches to ensure we achieve a perfectly balanced taste. The result is a versatile, full-bodied spirit with a smooth finish. So go ahead, cheat on the harsh taste and same ole boring vodka you’ve grown tired of. #CheatOnVodka